In preparation for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend, remember to check your inventories, especially cooler items. Place your order(s) by the end of normal business hours on Thursday, May 23.
We will be closed on Monday, May 27.
Have a safe and relaxing holiday weekend!
Dog Bite Prevention Week, May 19-25, 2013
70 million nice dogs…but any dog can bite
National Dog Bite Prevention Week takes place during the third full week of May each year, and focuses on educating people about preventing dog bites.
With an estimated population of 70 million dogs living in U.S. households, millions of people – most of them children – are bitten by dogs every year. The majority of these bites, if not all, are preventable.
Take this opportunity to learn more about dog bite prevention and help educate your clients to prevent dog bites.
Dog Bite Facts:
- Each year, more than 4.5 million people in the U.S. are bitten by dogs.
- Almost 1 in 5 people bitten by dogs require medical attention.
- Every year, more than 800,000 Americans receive medical attention for dog bites; at least half of them are children.
- Children are, by far, the most common victims of dog bites and are far more likely to be severely injured.
- Most dog bites affecting young children occur during everyday activities and while interacting with familiar dogs.
- Senior citizens are the second most common dog bite victims.